January 3, 2006

Happy New Year

To all of my good friends, family and, yes, even the random mean guy who sends me nasty comments, Happy New Year.

New Year’s kind of baffles me to be honest. It’s just another night… and then another day. But, for some reason, we use it as an excuse to “start over” … to make the imminent New Year’s resolution. It’s funny how we need that. How we need to feel like everything has an end, and therefore a new beginning. The thought of trudging through life without certain periods ending and beginning is almost unbearable to us. We think, great! New Year’s is here! 2005 is over! 2006 is here! And, oh the possibilities…

Possibility is a great thing, don’t get me wrong. But it’s the build-up that gets to me. The expectations. We quite literally count down to a moment that is just like the moment where we started.

It’s supposed to be a magic “poof” kind of moment. Out with the old and in with the new! But, you know what? It’s still me.

So I wish everyone not only a Happy New Year, but a Happy Right Now and a Happy Forever.

Do you get my point? I’m not really sure I do. In any case, it was nice to see Dick Clark up and working again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I send you nasty comments, I just pointed out that you missed your self-imposed deadline! ;)