September 1, 2006

Storm a Brewin'

Admiral Boom: Good afternoon to you, young man. Where are you bound?
Bert: Number 17. Got some parties who want to see it.
Admiral Boom: Enter that in the log.
Mr. Binnacle: Aye, aye, sir.
Admiral Boom: A word of advice, young man. Storm signals are up at number 17. Bit of heavy weather brewing there.
Bert: Thanks, Admiral. Keep an eye skinned.
Bert: Here we are, 17 Cherry Tree Lane. Home of George Banks, Esq. Hello, Hello, Hello. Admiral's right, heavy brewing at number 17 and no mistake.

10 points to whoever guesses the movie.

Speaking of heaving brewing, there is STORM a comin'! DC will be under a flood warning by the day’s end, on account of Tropical Storm Ernesto. But I’m not scared. I love this stuff. I’m like Lieutenant Dan on the ship. You know.

I say, bring it, Ernesto.

BRING.

IT.

And again, I have to apologize to my regular readers. Haha, all two of you. I know I broke my promise of posting every other day. There’s been some, how do I say this... shit. But all is better now. These last two weeks have been strange, but I haven’t forgotten to notice life’s little idiosyncrasies. So I have a lot to catch up on. Word.

2 comments:

EEB said...

The first thing I thought was Mary Poppins because of the last line.

;-)

AO said...

you are correct! you get the points!!!