July 17, 2006

Being Real

Don't you wish sometimes that people would just be real? Just completely and utterly honest. Not so much with actual facts, but more on the emotional side of things. I do. And I'm not saying that I'm the perfect model of honesty. I tend to withdraw, close up, become emotionally removed. But lately, I'm getting better. And in getting better... in seeing things for what they are... I'm opening up. And I'm happier.

So let's talk about what's real.

Today, I made a pact to update this blog more often. At least every other day. That is my goal. And I will do it, by god.

Let's see. What else? Ah, I quit smoking last week. And then, in a somewhat predictable drunken moment, I bought a pack and I smoked. So the reality of that situation is that I haven't completely quit. But I've quit enough to feel better. To breathe better. To focus. And I love that.

And lest we forget the oppressive heat. I know it's not just DC, but it tends to be worse here. There is no breeze. There is no water. Only humidity. And smelly sweaty people.

I ate some pasta tonight that I made over a week ago. If I get sick, I have only myself to blame. But it was still good.

I watched Must Love Dogs on HBO. Great cheesy movie.

And now here I sit, finishing a glass of wine, wondering where my John Cusack is. No. Wait. Strike that. Wondering where my Christopher Plummer is. Christopher Plummer in the early years, of course. This is the first night in a while that I haven't gone out. And I'm enjoying the quiet. I'm thinking about my wonderful friends, my family and my sister. Boon, the will power I have at this very moment not to have a cigarette is for you.

Here's to being real.

No comments: