February 19, 2007

Not Pink Eye

Things are not always as they seem. I wouldn't normally post just for the sake of correcting a previous post, but I feel, for the peace of mind of all those close to me, I need to clarify. I DO NOT HAVE PINK EYE. Yay.

Other things I learned this weekend:

  • rest is good for colds
  • hookahs are surprisingly good for coughs
  • sambuca has a higher alcohol content than I originally thought
  • a vegetarian diet includes a lot of lentils
  • substituting vegetables for wine at the grocery store feels like a healthy choice
  • not having that extra bottle of wine at home sucks big time
  • cooking for someone is more fun than I remember
  • my oven still works
  • dark meat is, in fact, much tastier
  • I have a Genghis Khan fantasy
  • heroin almost destroyed the Chili Peppers
  • heroin is bad
  • the Chili Peppers overcame many obstacles to become one of the most notable bands of our generation
  • it is impossible to turn off VH1 Behind the Music
  • Andre the Giant was a gentle soul
  • I'm not a regular snorer (thank the LORD)
  • Babel is an excellent film
  • pure selflessness makes me cry
  • first times can be beautiful
  • sometimes an unexpected knock at the door turns into an unforgettable moment
  • I think that wifebeaters are really sexy
  • I like to play along
  • feeling wanted is the best feeling in the world
  • making someone else smile might even top it
And so my weekend ends... and another work week begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wife beaters are like english sportscars. They might be sexy until you own it and the damn Lucas Ignition breaks down. I am not sure why the comment on dark meat being better and a mention of a vegetarian diet? Heroine nearly destroyed a bunch of people/bands/countries. Just when I think I have found pure selflessness I find out that I have been fooled. I agree that being and feeling wanted is the best feeling in the world. I wish for you that you can find someone someday that will spend 39 years with you as I have been fortunate to have. MUD

Anonymous said...

Looks like you also know how to twist a knife...