March 26, 2007

Dear Mr. President

I have said that I would stay away from politics. And I have. I don’t think this is an exception, although some of you may feel that it is. A friend of mine sent this video to me last week and I can’t seem to get it out of my head, nor off of my computer screen. No matter on which “side of fence” you sit, please listen.

Every so often, the state of world overwhelms me. This morning, as I sat on the bus on my way to work, I saw a homeless woman pushing a shopping cart up a hill. She could barely move it. And no one helped her. I read an article in the Post about a soldier who died in Iraq. Only his story was a speck of print among the bigger stories of the day.

I don’t have all the answers, or any answers for that matter. I guess all we can do is spread the love. And we can hope that our daily acts of kindness, although small, will start a chain of goodwill, leading right up to the top. We just have to be careful when get up there. Dick Cheney likes to shoot people with guns.

3 comments:

MUD said...

My niece had a daughter raped and killed. She was invited to the White House when the Amber Alert bill was signed. George Bush and his wife held my niece and cried when she told her story. They prayed together and my niece is absolutely convinced that George Bush cares and prays about people. The homeless problem is not new to the Bush Administration. Death in wartime is not unique. There were 50,000 killed in Vietnam and we have lost less than 4,000 in Iraq.
Your comment about Cheney was a cheap shot. Hunting accidents happen and are not a new thing. This was blatant emotionalism and not worthy of you ability to post. MUD

MUD said...

Crap. I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. I'm sorry again the mean uncle Denny (MUD) escaped from the bottle. I know you are sincere and mean well. MUD

MUD said...

Is your internet down again or did my rudeness cause you to stop doing what for you was the right thing?