April 27, 2007

Busy Week, Excellent Friday

This has been probably one of the busiest weeks of my life. Monday through Thursday were jam packed not with jam (although that would be fantastic) but with several events, both for work and play.

It was a great week though. Wouldn't trade it for anything. And the cherry on top is my day off today. I woke up in the best place in the world and felt comfort and peace in the absence of a plan. The day is mine. I could do nothing. I could do everything.

Only a few hours have past and, after an unfortunately necessary trip to the office for my sneakers (I feel a lot better now that I have them in my possession again), I have done two loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher, went grocery shopping and made a delicious tomato soup.

It's a rainy day here in DC. Tomato soup seemed appropriate. I have to say, it's the best tomato soup I've ever encountered. And I've encountered my fair share, let me tell you.

Now, in keeping with my "lack of plan, this is a day for me" strategy, I am going to lay down and let myself doze in and out to the melodious voice of Paula Deen (of "Paula's Home Cooking" on the Food Network if you didn't know). It's my little guilty pleasure. She just made a homemade mac 'n cheese that makes me want to jump right through my TV screen. She's the best. I love her uninhibited use of butter and cream. And she makes me feel accepted, in a very maternal way. I'd like to give her a hug, I'm not going to lie.

Sorry to ramble. But I hope it proves the point that a lazy, plan-less day is sometimes the perfect end to a hectic week.

1 comment:

MUD said...

I had just the opposite of your day and I hate tomato soup. I too use too much butter in my cooking ala Paula. Glad to hear of your good day. MUD