June 22, 2007

Cab... or Lunch

Yesterday, I was running so late. Mom was in town and she had successfully distracted me with freshly brewed coffee, cereal and lots of hugging.

Even though I believe in the power of the 42 to decrease my commute by half (on a good day, no rain or snow, and provided the driver is not completely apathetic), there was no way I was making it on time. So I opted for the cab. Two zones, a gas price hike and a rush hour surcharge later, I was there. In New York, I bet that trip would cost maybe five or six bucks. In DC, try $10.80, a nice even $12 with tip. Jesus. Even a Cosi salad would not set me back quite that much. Good thing I got a delicious free lunch at work yesterday. I might have starved otherwise. Lesson of the day, being late in DC is expensive. Time is money, people. Time is money.

2 comments:

jenlynnewilson said...

stupid cab. he got lost this morning. yes, alyssa, he got lost. you saw me choose the cab carefully and i clearly chose wrong. i ended up by the white house- i'm not joking. i am going to look into this whole hover skateboard thing. you know what i'm talking about- the one he had in Back to the Future. i'll let you know what i find out . . .

AO said...

dude, if you find a hoverboard, i will be so excited!