June 20, 2007

Top Gun Guy

Finally aboard the third bus that passed my stop (apparently everyone and their mother was riding the 42 today), I chose a seat next to a man who, at first glance, appeared fairly normal. He was in his 20s or 30s, dress shirt, decent pantalones.

Anyway, he had a briefcase. And he had an ipod. He was like every other guy who ever rode the bus. Until! All of a sudden I realized what song he was playing on his nano. It was the theme song from Top Gun. And it was loud. So loud that I instantly recognized it. Yep, without a doubt, he was totally rocking out to the Top Gun theme music. His leg was moving to the beat. He loved it. He was inspired. He was ready for another day.

So now, when life gets me down, and I have trouble motivating myself to get to work, I too will rock out to Top Gun. I live in Washington, DC, baby. And I have the NEED for SPEED. Ok, that's totally not me, but I appreciate the creativity in song choice. Thank you, Top Gun Guy. You go get 'em!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's excellent! I actually hadn't seen this music video before (but certainly know the song), thanks for posting it! BTW, the 42 has to be the best bus line in DC since it seems to run just about everywhere, including a stop about a block from my apartment in Adams Morgan.