July 12, 2007

Little People

There were little creatures milling about on Columbia Road today. At first, I couldn't identify them. They seemed to be people, only shorter. And smaller. Instead of briefcases, they had brightly colored packs, which they wore using both shoulders. Some were smiling. And some were slightly unstable, although I don't think they had been drinking.

I searched my memory. Where have I seen such creatures before? Somewhere in my past... hmmm... ah yes!

They were children! But what were they doing on the 42?

It's always odd to see kids among young professionals, and I have to say it's really refreshing. But seriously, was it "Bring Your Kids to Work Day" or something? It had to be. Either that, or kids are smarter and more productive than we think. They are now infiltrating our coffee shops, our job markets and our public transportation. Survival of the fittest is working against us, people. Beware.

(FYI, I really do love little people... and I'd like to see more of them on the 42, if possible. They seem to make everyone a bit nicer.)

No comments: