July 2, 2007

Beyonce Boards Bus

It can't be true. The most successful and most talented modern R&B diva certainly wouldn't voluntarily choose DC public transportation. But, for a brief moment, I would've sworn to you that Beyonce boarded the 42 today. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking. Or the product of listening to the Dreamgirls soundtrack for the 87th time yesterday. Or that extra Tylenol PM I took last night. Who knows. But if it wasn't Beyonce, this woman needs to start a second career.

I was completely mesmerized. Could I be so lucky that Beyonce herself would not only board the 42, but board the very bus I so happened to choose this morning? I wouldn't put it past her. After all, she is, ultimately, amazing. In my head, perhaps fuzzy from sleeping pills, I envisioned the following monologue. I would say something to the effect of:

"Hey Beyonce. What's up. My name is AO. I'd like to say my name. It's AO. You must be riding the bus for the very same reason I am riding this bus. You have bills, bills, bills. I get that. Right here, Beyonce, right here (at which point I would do that two finger-eyes thing). We'll be ok though. You are a survivor. And I am a survivor. We're gonna make it. What. Hey, this is totally like deja vu, you know? Hello? Are you not paying attention to me? Why don't you listen? To the song here in my heart.... (at which point I would start singing, Beyonce would recognize my irreplaceable vocal skills, I would get a record contract and then Beyonce and I would become best friends. I would be her confidant, her rock. We'd travel the world, harmonizing and talking smack about Brittany. We'd be crazy. Crazy in platonic love.)."

Too bad that was all in my head. I don't think I'll be taking a sleeping pill tonight.

2 comments:

J said...

You could always just do her booty shake on the bus, and see if she notices. I bet that would gather some attention. ;)

Anonymous said...

ummmm . . . only 87 times? Come on, AO.